Marine Layer Reverb Pedal
4 In Stock
Dispatched within 1 working day
Ships to 103 countries worldwide
The Fender Marine Layer Reverb Pedal offers six reverb sounds including classics like hall and room along with modern marvels like shimmer, it also offers a wet only mode and has buffered bypass operation allowing the reverb tails to fade out naturally when the pedal is turned off.
The reverb Type switch selects from three main reverb sounds, hall, room and 'special' and the Variation switch gives two different sounds for each reverb type (e.g. large and small hall or for the special reverbs, shimmer and modulated cathedral). The Reverb Time control adjusts the reverb decay time (length of the reverb signal) and the Damping control affects the tone of the reverb decay, fully counter clockwise the reverb gets darker as it fades out and fully clockwise it decays more evenly. The Pre Delay control adds an adjustable amount of delay before the reverb decay, this separation is useful to add clarity to the sound and the Filter switch decreases treble frequencies in the reverb signal and can make any setting sound warmer and less obtrusive. The Level control adjusts how much reverb is mixed in with the dry signal from 100% dry up to about 50/50 wet/dry mix and on the top of the pedal is a 'Dry Kill' switch that removes the original dry guitar signal from the output, this can be used if the pedal is in a parallel effects loop of a guitar amplifier to have only the wet reverb signal in the effects loop and keep the original instrument signal in the amp.
A full breakdown of the six reverb types is as follows:
- Hall variation 1, a versatile large space for anything from an 'always on' effect to an expansive pad behind chords and swells
- Hall variation 2, a brighter, resonant effect that evokes one of the early studio tricks for emulating acoustic spaces, plate reverb. Excellent as a general purpose guitar reverb as its frequency response can sit well in a mix
- Room variation 1, a room reverb that ranges from a conference room to a large studio tracking space
- Room variation 2, a small, sparse ambience (try turning the Pre-Delay and Level up and the Reverb Time down for an old-school 50s sound)
- Special variation 1, shimmer reverb with octave up components, great for notes that bloom and grow as they fade out
- Special variation 2, cathedral reverb, a huge modulated reverb that can feel like a dreamy cloud under and around your guitar
The Fender Marine Layer Reverb Pedal features LED lit knobs that make viewing the current settings very easy in a dark environment (switchable on/off), a magnetically latched battery door at the front of the pedal makes changing batteries super quick, no screwdriver required, and a low battery indicator LED on the front of the door lights up to show when the battery needs replacing.
|3 Reverb types with 2 variations giving 6 on board reverb effects including hall, room and shimmer|
|Reverb tails fade out naturally when the pedal is turned off|
|Reverb Time knob controls the length of the reverb trail|
|Damping knob affects the tone of the reverb decay (darker as it fades to more even)|
|Pre Delay knobs adds an adjustable amount of delay before the reverb begins|
|Level knob controls the ratio of dry to affected wet signal (amount of reverb)|
|Filter switch decreases treble frequencies in the reverb signal|
|Dry Kill switch removes original dry guitar signal from the output for use in parallel effects loop|
|LED lit knobs make viewing current settings very easy in a dark environment (switchable on/off)|
|Magnetically latched battery door makes changing batteries super quick|
|Low battery indicator LED lights up to show when the battery needs replacing|
|Durable anodised aluminium enclosure to easily withstand the rigors of touring|
|9 V power jack|
|Width||95 mm (3.8")|
|Length||125 mm (4.9")|
|Height||64 mm (2.5")|
|Power Draw||71 mA|
|Manufacturer Part Number||0234532000|
This product hasn’t received enough customer reviews to display a summary.